Treatment Time: Approx 30mins
Cost: See price list
What is Mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy is a skin rejuvenation treatment that is used in cosmetic practice for skin rejuvenation, hair regrowth and localised fat reduction.
Mesotherapy involves multiple injections delivering various nourishing substances into the layers of the skin where cell repair and growth occurs.
Used to treat
- Hair loss
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun damaged skin
- Dull skin
- Dry skin conditions
- Small pockets of fat
Does it Hurt?
Local anaesthetic cream may be applied prior to treatment to numb the skin, this need not be a painful treatment but some of the preparations may sting or burn.
There may be some redness, swelling, tenderness, bruising which should settle within days. Results will not be immediate, but will develop over time and a course of treatments will be required.
How long will it last?
Mesotherapy for skin rejuvenation is generally given in a course of treatments with results lasting up to 5 months. Top up treatments will be required to maintain the results.
Is it suitable for me?
There are a number of medical conditions and or medicines that may affect the decision to treat or the treatment plan. A full medical history and assessment of your expectations is necessary in advance of any decision to treat.
Treatment is not recommended if you are suffering from any skin infections or near the treatment area or are unwell in any way.
- If you have previously experienced allergic reactions to any of the ingredients or local anaesthetic.
- If you are taking any medicines which affect bleeding such as warfarin, or aspirin, if you are taking any steroids or have autoimmune disease (scleroderma)
- If you have any bleeding disorders.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are currently or have completed a course of Roacutane (Isotretinoin acne treatment) in the last 18 months.
- If you have active acne.
- If you have previously been treated with a permanent injectable implant.
- If you have suffered from Keloid scars.
- Injections on the face can trigger the cold sore virus. If you are a sufferer, you must advise us in advance of treatment.
- If you are planning to attend a special event when a bruise, should it occur, would be unacceptable to you.
- Alcohol should be avoided the day before and after treatment.
- Vigorous exercise, sun exposure,sun beds,sauna,swimming should be avoided at least 48 hrs after treatment.